Video Marketing helps to widen the horizon of reach for small businesses to tap into new customers. As per the forecast of the Cisco Video Networking Index, videos will comprise 82% of internet traffic by 2022 as compared to 75% in 2017. Video marketing is an excellent way of letting your customers know what you are selling in a more vivid and self-explanatory manner.
Therefore, it is always essential for start-ups and small businesses to utilize the potential of video marketing to expand their customer base. Now, the concern is how small businesses start their video marketing journey. We shall dive deeper to find the appropriate answer to this vital question in this article.
How to Start?
So, once you have decided that you are going to utilize the magic of video marketing for your small-sized business, you can follow the below-mentioned steps one by one.
Set The Goals Clearly
First and foremost, you should be clear about your video’s goal. It will help you properly draw the plan and make the video purposeful. So, if it is brand awareness that you are aiming to achieve with the video, then you can create a brand story.
Or, if you wish to educate your customers about your product, you should make an educational video. So, ask yourself what you are trying to achieve with the video, and then proceed and plan accordingly.
Think of a Creative Idea
Collect every possible hint from around you and incorporate them in your video to make it different yet at par with the ongoing trends. Check for ideas from your competitors, peers, and even big brands, and infuse them into your video.
Identify the areas of strength and weaknesses and make the necessary changes to let your video appeal to the intended audiences. Also, make the most of features like analyzing your best posts and social listening. This way, you can keep track of customer queries and comments and address them in your video posts.
A Script Will Help
Next, start preparing a script. It will give the needed path and flow to the video, which is necessary to structure it properly. Include whatever you feel is essential for the promotion of your business. You can talk about important product features or what makes your product different. You can also consider adding a call-to-action to the video, allowing you more time to engage with your audience.
Choose your Tools
After you are done with planning out the small business video for marketing, start to gather all the tools that you will need to shoot the same. Please do not think of spending too much on fancy and expensive tools.
You can do wonders for the video by shooting with a standard smartphone that supports good-quality video. And once you are done shooting the video, you can use a good video editor to add elements to your video to make it attractive and attention-seeking. You can add special effects and elements. You just need to pick the right tool, and half of your job will be done. You can edit a video online and enhance its attractiveness to gather your audience’s attention.
Shoot in the Proper Location and under Perfect Light
The location of filming the video matters. Make sure that the video is clear with proper visibility and perfect sound. So, you need to ensure that the light is sufficient for the video to come out nice and there is no noise in the surrounding.
Imagine you are almost towards the end of filming the video, and suddenly a voice shouts out to you from the background. All your efforts will need a redo. So, choosing the location is very important to make sure that the video comes out well.
Staying natural and honest is the key to connecting with your audience when you shoot your videos. Don’t sound too desperate or disinterested. Do not pour in too much information at a go. Customers will find it difficult to take all at the same time. Your first attempt via your first video should focus on hitting the right cord and make gradual progress with videos that release one after the other.
Different Ways Of Using Video Marketing To Boost The Growth Of Your Small Business
- Videos are great tools for keeping customers engaged and even can result in a higher conversion rate. So, integrating videos into the landing page is an excellent way of using video marketing to benefit the business.
- Use the power of the visual medium to make an impact on your customers. Go for demo videos explaining how your product works, and you will receive the reward shortly.
- Tap the potential of social media to earn returns for your small business. As per statistics, 66% of online consumers prefer watching product videos to reading about the details. Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are cost-effective ways to reach out to your customers and are the first point of contact with them.
- Use the video marketing tool with proper planning and strategize for maximum benefit. Posting hype videos about upcoming launches and events now and then, in addition to product videos, will keep you in the forefront and grant your brand a constant visibility that is so important for your small business.
Tips to Help You Develop a Quality Video for Marketing
- Adding subtitles is a great tip for enhancing the effectiveness of the video. It helps the audiences comprehend the content even if the audio has some disturbance in parts.
- Keep the length of the video short. Online audiences have lots to catch up on, and spending too long on a single video is what they don’t like. So, keep the video short and exciting while giving out what you intend to do.
- State the truth in its real colors. Present everything in as real form as possible. It helps to earn the trust of your customers.
Video marketing will only gain importance for all digital businesses; the same is true for small businesses. Thus, all digitally performing small businesses should focus on understanding video marketing and how to use it to realize better brand awareness and improved ROI.
Remember, maintaining frequency and consistency is crucial. Make sure to release marketing videos either in the form of a demo video or a personalized thank you video will keep your online presence intact.
Otherwise, if there is a big gap between two video posts, you will have to work to re-establish the connection. So, being simple, focused, and consistent is what small businesses must be to get started with video marketing to bring the desired result for their businesses.