Worcester awards installers for efficiency
Published: 07 June, 2016
Worcester, Bosch Group has revealed this year’s winners at its annual Environment 2020 Awards ceremony.
Established in 2000, the awards recognise industry best practice and celebrate those who have demonstrated their commitment to recommending energy efficient heating and hot water technologies over the past 12 months.
With hundreds of entries received across seven installation categories, the winners were presented with their prize at a prestigious ceremony at Stanbrook Abbey, Worcestershire, by special guests Paul Williams and Roger Webb of the CIPHE.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Greenstar gas-fired boiler installation: Lee Hatch, LH Gas, Hertfordshire
- Greenstar oil-fired boiler installation: Jamie Sinclair, SJS Plumbing & Heating, Hertfordshire
- Renewables installation: Nick Critchley, Radiant Heating Solutions, Lincolnshire
- Total system solution: Richard Broad, Richard Broad Plumbing and Heating, Merthyr Tydfil
- Light commercial installation: Richard Hughes-Jones, Plumbright, Gwent
- Housebuilder/Specifier: Dave Branley, Mabec Nottingham
- Collaboration award: Andy Payne, Payne’s Heating & Plumbing Services, East Sussex, Basingstoke Council and Yorkshire Energy Service.
Worcester’s E2020 awards also take the opportunity to recognise environmentally-conscious young people up to the age of 16 through an art competition. The competition is aimed at rewarding exceptional artwork inspired by energy efficiency and combatting climate change.
This year’s winners were five-year-old Zaki Rynne from Hampshire, 10-year-old Harry Stone from Bristol, and 17-year-old Niamh Ni Iceadha from Dublin, who were each given £500 of shopping and leisure vouchers for their exciting creations.
Carl Arntzen, Worcester’s chief executive officer, said: “As ever, it has been a pleasure for us to hold these awards. I extend my personal thanks to everybody who entered and congratulate all of our worthy winners.
“As a manufacturer, Worcester continues to be inspired by the fact that so many installers are already doing what they can to reinforce the industry’s commitment to protecting the Earth’s valuable resources.”
Paul Williams, president of the CIPHE added: “We are continually looking to highlighting the fantastic work plumbing and heating engineers are doing every day of the year, as well as encouraging more young people to opt for a career in what is a truly fascinating industry. This year’s E2020 Awards winners are shining examples of what can be achieved with a huge amount of skill and a lot of pride. Well done everyone!”