The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is calling for applications for the RIBA AHR Stephen Williams Scholarship 2015.
The scholarship provides £5,000 to support one student for a period of postgraduate study lasting up to 12 months in the UK or abroad. AHR will appoint a mentor to the student throughout the period of their scholarship. The scholarship welcomes applications from students who will be entering their first or second year of Part 2.
Stephen Hodder, RIBA President, said:
‘This funding scheme is a pleasure to be involved with; the variety of applications received is always a delight to review. The RIBA is very grateful to AHR for the renewed generous support enabling the scholarship to run once again. I am very much looking forward to judging the applications in June.’
Brian Johnson, Director, AHR Architects Ltd, said:
‘AHR are delighted to confirm its continued support for the RIBA AHR Stephen Williams Scholarship. Now in its 7th year the scholarship has helped students to continue their postgraduate studies through the provision of both financial support and personal academic mentoring by AHR staff. Supporting students and young architects continues to be central to the ethos of AHR, and we are looking forward to continuing our work with the RIBA to support this prestigious prize in 2015.’
Since 2008, the scholarship has been awarded to Laura Collins (University of Sheffield, 2009/10), Henry Fisher (University of Bath 2010/11), Joseph Deane (Royal College of Art 2011/12), Kerry Watton (Mackintosh School of Architecture, Glasgow School of Art, 2012/13), Mick Scott (Oxford Brookes University 2013/14) and Chloe Anderson (London Metropolitan University 2014/15).
For more information, visit www.architecture.com/ahrscholarship. The deadline for applications is Tuesday 26 May 2015.
Notes to editors:
1. For further press information contact Callum Reilly in the RIBA Press Office: email@example.com 020 7307 3757
2. For more information about the scholarship, visit www.architecture.com/ahrscholarship
3. Interested applicants should contact Hayley Russell firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7307 3678 if they require help with their applications.
4. The Scholarship was established in 2008 thanks to the generous support of AHR (formerly Aedas Architects) and is offered in memory of Stephen Williams, a past Director of Aedas.
5. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and our members www.architecture.com
6. Follow us on Twitter @RIBA for regular RIBA updates www.twitter.com/RIBA
Posted on Tuesday 17th March 2015