National property and construction consultancy Wakemans has completed a £2.4million SuperRoom roll out programme for Travelodge, one of the UK’s largest budget hotel chains.
The Travelodge SuperRoom is the UK’s first premium economy room concept within the budget hotel sector. It is designed around the ‘premium economy’ concept familiar to airline users. It dials up the comfort factor for business and leisure customers who want the extra choice of a more premium room.
Wakemans acted as project manager on the trial rooms, with responsibility for the procurement of the new amenities as well as fit-out, before overseeing the roll-out of SuperRooms in 48 Travelodge hotels around the UK.
Nigel Himpson, Senior Associate Director at Wakemans, said: “SuperRooms are now available in some of the top locations around the country and offer an extra level of comfort to guests who opt for longer stays as well as those who choose to spend more time in the room.”
A total of 296 SuperRooms have been incorporated into Travelodge’s existing city centre hotels.
Scott Rutherford, Travelodge, Technical Services Director said: “At Travelodge we are all about bringing great value and choice to the budget traveller. More and more business travellers are opting for a budget hotel and last year we generated more sales from business customers than those on holiday. Our new SuperRoom adds an extra choice for customers who are spending more time working in the room, are staying longer or who just value that little bit more comfort. Alongside our recently upgraded classic room, this is another important milestone on our journey to become the favourite hotel for value.”
The stylish SuperRoom has everything that you would expect from Travelodge but with lots of new additional creature comforts. It has been styled in a modern residential décor scheme, creating a home from home feel. It features a new dream-light colour scheme which includes tones of calming blue, warm beige and tranquil taupe, as well as blackout curtains, creating a relaxing atmosphere for a restful night’s sleep.
The signature creature comforts in the SuperRoom include:
- Lavazza ‘A Modo Mio’ fresh capsule coffee machine to kick-start your day
- Hansgrohe Raindance 3-jet adjustable shower to leave you fully refreshed
- Multiple power and USB charging points at arm’s length throughout
- Relaxing ambient LED mood lighting
- Comfy armchair to relax in
- Larger desk area with a comfortable swivel chair
- Luxurious king-size Travelodge Dreamer™ bed
- Choice of firm and soft hypo-allergenic pillows
- Dressing stand with a powerful hairdryer
- In-room iron and ironing board
- Powerful hairdryer and full length mirror
- Samsung Slimline wall-mounted flat screen TV
- Hot chocolate and a KitKat for that extra treat when you need it